30/5/13

modals:special difficulties (2)


2.- ‘PODER’ IN THE INFINITIVE AND FUTURE AND PERFECT TENSES

To translate ‘poder’ in the infinitive, the future or perfect tenses use to be able:

I won’t be able to come tomorrow – no podré venir mañana.
I haven’t been able to do it no he podido hacerlo.

Practice -2

* Complete the sentences with the adequate form of to be able

a.- In fifty years’ time I’m sure that everybody ........... to live to a hundred.
b.- I have your report, but I ........................ to read it yet.
c.- I’ve always wanted ............................... to speak Japanese.
d.- Martin has just phoned to say that he ......................... to come tomorrow.


KEY TO PRACTICE -2


a.- will be able; b.- haven’t been able; c.- to be able; d- won’t be able.

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario