9/4/14

preparing for the oposiciones: countables/uncountables (exercise)

Countables/uncountables http://sanchezbenedito.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/contable-o-incontable.html

EXERCISE -1

Insert a/an if necessary:

1.- She left the stage to .......rapturous applause.
2.- I wonder if you could give me ......accommodation for the night.
3.- He's had ......very strict education.
4.- Outnumbered by four to one, he knew that .......resistance was useless.
5.- After a while we seemed to develop ........resistance to mosquitoes.
6.- Martha gave .......paper at the conference on the psychological effects of divorce.
7.- The use of .........recycled paper is saving thousands of trees from being cut down each year.
8.- We had to listen to .......long and boring speech after the meal.
9.- Don't be misled by  .......... deceitful publicity.
10.- We had ......lovely weather last weekend.

EXERCISE -2

Fill in the gaps with an appropriate partitive:

11.- I'd like two ..........toast with my breakfast.
12.- It's the last time I buy a ..........trousers in that shop.
13.- Three ..........furniture got broken in the fight.
14.- This morning I heard a strange ..........news on the radio.
15.- I need two ...... of glasses: one for reading and one for driving.
16.- Take six eggs and three ...........sugar and beat in a bowl.
17.- My mother gave me two important ...... advice before I left home.
18.- He got a .......... applause when he finished.
19.- There was a sudden ............laughter at the Queen's sally.
20.- When he heard that he was dismissed, he was seized with a violent..........anger.

KEY

Exercise 1: 1.- _; 2.- _; 3.- a; 4.- _; 5.- a; 5.- a; 7.- _; 8.- a; 9.- _; 10.- _

Exercise 2: 11.- pieces/slices of; 12.- pair of; 13.- pieces/items of; 14.- piece/item of; 15.- pairs; 16.- spoonfuls of; 17.- pieces of; 18.- round of; 19.- burst/roar of; 20.- fit/outburst of.








0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario