8/4/14

My way by Frank Sinatra




I share with you today this beautiful song by the great Frank Sinatra (The Voice). It's one of my favourites and I hope you like it too:


(This video has been downloaded from YouTube for educational purposes exclusively)





EXERCISE

Here are the lyrics; you just fill in the gaps:

And now the end is near
And so I face the final (1) .......
My friend, I'll say it (2) .......,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full,
I've travelled each and every (3) ..........
But more, much more than this,
I (4) ...... it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few,
But then again, (5) ......few to mention.
I did what I had to do
and saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course,
Each careful (6) .......along the highway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I (7) .........chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it (8) ........
I faced it all and I stood tall,
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and (9) .....
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so (10) .........

To think I did all that,
And may I say - not in a (11) .......way.
No, oh not me,
I  did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has (12) ........
To say the things he truly feels,
And not the words of one who (13) .......
The record shows I (14)......the blows -
And did it my way!

KEY

1.- curtain; 2.- clear; 3.- highway; 4.- did; 5.- too; 6.- step; 7.- could; 8.- out; 9.- cried; 10.- amusing; 11.- shy; 12.- naught; 13.-  kneels; 14.- took.

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario